EinsteinDB employs optimistic locking which works best for read-only and low contention cases thrives with mixed workloads.
we have designed a Hybrid lock-free multi-tenant mechanism which supersedes two-phase commit without actually locking.
- we are committed to building a self-driving database platform (SDDP) with FIDel: with capabilities of self-detection, self-decision, self-recovery and self-optimization.
- Prolog File Based Database via SQLite interfaces: rather than directly interrogating the database, provided extensive support for translating combinations of arbitrary Prolog and table-associated predicates to optimised SQL queries
- hybrid architecture that takes advantage of both shared nothing and shared storage
- A schemaless database which allows any data, structured with individual fields and structures, to be stored in the database.
- The GNU malloc is ineffecient for multi-threaded programs. jemalloc to the rescue!
- integrated with RCU performs 3.9X to 28X better in micro-benchmarks.
- main improvements can be seen in the write throughput (roughly 3×) compared to MonetDB, Citus' PostgresQL, AllegroGraph, SAP Hana, RocksDB, and PolarDB
- Exploiting SIMD: The Battle With Skew